I put together this 75 foot deck truss bridge from an old Juneco kit. This is one of those models that I undertook for the sheer enjoyment of building.
Excuse the ugly setting for the photos. I tried to block out background distractions with a green tote lid. Plus I had a mishap with black paint on my cutting surface. Bush league, I know.
The parts were stained before assembly and I did some basic weathering when it was finished. The weathering kind of matches my backyard table 🙂
The photo below shows the bridge on its side with the steel rods, bearing plates, and nut/bolt castings painted Polly Scale Rust straight from the bottle. This is meant to be a primer for subsequent layers of rust.
I have no idea of the prototype for this bridge, so if anyone can enlighten me, please do.
I enjoyed putting it together so much that I lost track of the hours that went into it. It was a fun build, which was why I did it. I’ll probably sell it because I don’t foresee being able to put it to use.