It’s been just over four weeks since I moved into my new house, and at long last, I’ve managed to get my work space functional. The tools are unpacked, and I got a bit of work accomplished.
After some drilling, glueing, and painting, both units now have MU hoses on both ends.
I used the metal variety of hoses, instead of the vinyl ones. I like the way the metal hoses bend. The only problem is that they don’t fit into the slots on the pilot.
If you look closely, you can see that the coupler pockets are different on each model. The pockets provided by the kit didn’t fit into the openings in the pilots, and even if they’re modified to fit, they would result in coupler height that is about a half a coupler too high. I ended up using the coupler pockets from the P2K model from which the drive was taken. They had to be pretty extensively modified as well, but they worked. Apparently, LifeLike changed the mould for the coupler pockets part way through their production because the two models had slightly different pockets. Something as insignificant as this can really slow down progress, to the extent that extra hours are eaten up trying to come up with a solution. It all worked out in the end.
I still have to install the air hoses. I’ll get to that next time.